Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Rocky Start

Behind every new venture, there's a plan. Of course, the plan may or may not pan out. The plan: Sign up for Social Security, pay off mortgage, find free-lance writing jobs to allow for occasional splurges, and retire with the requisite-sized nest egg. Right. That was right before the fall of the stock market. As I watched my nest egg shrink from turkey-size to wren-size, and as free-lance jobs did not come rolling in, I went to Plan B: work three days a week, and have four-day weekends every week! Sounds good to me. This is the current plan, due to start May 1. Next week is my last actual five-day week, because I'm spending a week in the Smokies, and then work retreats take up part of the next week.

In the meantime, I've been getting more encouraging responses to free-lance queries, and I have a novel almost ready to market. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Marileta,
    Wow! Good for you! I love your blog! Check out the Organized Librarian blog! ( that's me!)
    Anyway good luck with your writing! I am sure you will be wonderful. A Writing coach sounds like a great idea!
    Susan Couture

    ReplyDelete