9. The hummingbirds return.
8. Birds join in the morning chorus.
7. In the cool morning or late evening light, picking blueberries from my garden.
6. Picking fresh peas, fresh basil, fresh anything.
5. Playing in the water.
4. Going barefoot, bare-legged, bare-armed.
3. Long, long days.
2. The joy of porch sitting.
And the number 1 reason I love summer:
1. Sleeping on my porch (when it's too hot to sleep inside). Just me, the stars, the crickets and frogs, and . . . the raccoons. (Not my photo, unfortunately, but they were just as cute! I just hope they stay out of the blueberries.)
Happy Book Birthday Michele Weber Hurwitz
6 hours ago